Rana Gujral is an Entrepreneur, Executive, and Investor. In 2014, he founded TiZE, a Cloud software for specialty chemicals, and held the role of CEO until 2016. He is currently leading Smart Home Initiatives at Logitech and an advisor to several startups. Rana is a contributing columnist at TechCrunch and Forbes and was awarded the ‘Entrepreneur of the Month’ by CIO Magazine and the ‘US-China Pioneer’ Award by IEIE 2017. He was listed among Top 10 Entrepreneurs to follow in 2017 by Huffington Post and is a sought after international speaker. Rana has most recently been a featured speaker at the World Government Summit in Dubai, the Silicon Valley Smart Future Summit 2017, and IEIE 2017 in New York.
Rana holds degrees in Management, Finance, and Engineering from MIT Sloan, UMass, and TACK U.K. Prior to TiZE, Rana was recruited to be a part of the core turnaround team for Cricut Inc. At Cricut, Rana led the initiative to build a first of its kind, innovative product for the DIY community and prompted the turnaround of Cricut’s EBITDA position from bankruptcy to profitability within a span of 2 years. Previously, Rana held leadership positions at Logitech S.A. and Kronos Inc., where he was responsible for the development of best-in-class products generating billions in revenue and contributed towards several award-winning engineering innovations.
Rana has earned a variety of personal and product awards and has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Inc magazine, Huffington Post, Fast Company, NBC, Fox and CBS.
- US-China Pioneer Award - IEIE 2017
- 10k Prize - TiE Young Entrepreneurs Business Plan Competition
- High Scholastic Achievement Award - BGS Honor Society
- Engineering Outstanding Achievement Award - Kronos Inc
- Academic Excellence Award - TACK U.K.
- TiZE - "20 Most Promising PLM Software Technology Solution Providers in 2015” - CIO Review
- TiZE - "50 Smartest Companies of the Year 2016" - Silicon Review
- Logitech Harmony Link - Edison Award 2012 Gold Winner
- Logitech Revue - Top 10 Gadgets of TIME's Top 10 of Everything
- BiometricTech Product of the year award 2004 and 2003 - Kronos 4500 Terminal